In an online game of tag, I’ve been tagged by my friend and fellow photography blogger Kim of Kimberly Hill Photography in South Carolina. 🙂 Thanks girl!
Post the rules before you give the facts. Post eight random facts about yourself. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag eight people and list their names. Leave the people you tagged a comment on their blog, letting them know that theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been tagged.
1. I was born in the town of Pocahontas, Iowa. I was a big baby – 10lbs 4oz – and my mom tells the story that it was me and some other tiny little preemie (approx 5 lbs) in the hospital nursery – I guess that made quite the picture!
2. I purchased my first camera from the proceeds of my baking business – Meggan’s Muffins. My mom did a lot of computer education classes for her employer while I was growing up and she (and her fellow educators) would order muffins from me to have as a snack during class. I sold the muffins for $5 a dozen. The most popular types of muffins were banana, chocolate chip (my fave!) and blueberry.
3. I’ve been employed as an Ice Cream & Sandwich Artist. There was a small sub sandwich/ice cream shop within walking distance of my house and I started working there when I was 15. I was quite good at making dipped ice cream cones. I moved on after about 18 months to work at Target in Des Moines. 🙂
4. I raised rabbits while growing up. They were a 4-H project for me. I raised mini-lops – so cute! Their names were Cadbury, Taffy, Snickers, Hershey, Skittles (are you seeing a trend? LOL)
5. I love cake. I love frosting.
6. The smell that reminds me the most of growing up is the smell of fresh cut lawns mixed with the faint odor of gasoline. It reminds me of my Grandpa Bogard.
7. I cannot stand the smell or taste of coffee.
8. I like to read romance novels. Mostly historical romance novels (but not the medieval era ones!) I am a hopeless romantic and I like happy endings. I refuse to watch Titanic as the outcome is just NOT happy. I prefer to leave the theater in a good mood.
I know, it’s only 5. I feel like an underachiever.